Whenever we plan to design a new house, it has become a culture now to have a personal bar for those who are fond of drinking and partying. A compact bar definitely adds class and style to the décor and also leaves a nice impression on the guests. Depending on the usage and space availability, one has to choose between and wet bar vs dry bar.
Ideally, a home bar should be compact with basic equipment and tools. Essential liquor should be stocked and can add some of your favorites as well and some of the famous brands which may interest your guest. To know the reviews and pricing of various brands and type of liquor available in the market, you can visit www.thewhiskeywash.com.
Before deciding upon installing a bar, we need to decide upon various issues and choices.
1. Location of the bar: We first has to find an appropriate place for the bar. A room which is usually used for entertainment and relaxing purposes, or a drawing room where you get your guest seated, etc. Definitely out of the reach of kids, it should be ideally placed.
2. The look of the bar: Depending upon personal choices, investment intended, we should decide whether we want high end looking luxurious cabinet with glass finish or just a basic shelf aesthetically positioned and designed to display the liquor. Various design patterns used are English bar, sports bar, Tiki Cantina, etc.
3. The choice between a wet bar or dry bar: Depending upon the usage, we need to decide whether to have a sink with water supply or not. In case of the wet bar, we would need to lay water lines and drainage procedure properly.
4. Storage space needed: Since the bar setup require glassware, liquor bottles, bar tools like the opener, blenders, equipment to make the cocktail, the bar designing should be such that all this fits in well.
5. Type of refrigerator: It is most important equipment in the bar. There are various types of refrigerators like wine refrigerator, kegerator, draft beer refrigerator. Choosing Wine refrigerator depends upon the type of wine preferred and vary in the number of chilling bottle capacity. Beer gets foamy if not stored in the cold. Draft beer refrigerators can conveniently fit n the bar cabinet and can be used conveniently.
6. Do you need exhaust: Depending upon the smoking habits exhaust needs to be installed.
There are various other add-ons which can be set up within your bar area like:
• Beverages center which offers other beverages like coffee, juices, cold drinks, etc. for non drinkers.
• Ice machine: Ice is the main component of various drinks. Therefore, it is advisable to have a small, compact ice maker installed under the counter to get uninterrupted supply of ice.
• The armrest is necessary to ensure the comfort of the guest and also it completes the look of the bar. There are both variants of wooden and well as metal armrest available in the market.
• Foot rails which are wrapped around the corners of the bar add a class and elegant finish to the bar.
• Bar stools are high rise stools which are placed on the counter for facilitating seating of the guest. There are various types of stool available like wooden stools, standard and metal bar stools
Once you are ready with the layout and design of the bar and also the accessories, furniture, and equipment you would install, you need to decide whether to build it on your own or hire out the construction work to the carpenter. It’s a high-cost intensive proposal, but definitely an excellent choice to add style to your home.